CEO: Hospitals should be 'like the Maytag repair man'
Philip Betbeze, for HealthLeaders Media, April 1, 2013
NCH Healthcare System CEO Allen Weiss, MD, is convinced that his health system's future lies in finding ways to keep his beds empty. One path to that goal is through collaboration with commercial payers.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014