Patients shoulder nearly 25% of medical bills
John Commins, for HealthLeaders Media, September 1, 2013
Data from the American Medical Association details the costs of medical billing complexity on patients and physicians, who are put "in the awkward situation of having to ask patients for money," says an AMA board member.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue