Berwick: Zapping overtreatment, costs takes 'courage'
The former acting head of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services lauds efforts such as the Choosing Wisely campaign, which aim to reduce medical interventions "for which the risks outweigh the benefits."
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- HIMSS: Software Bugs, Shifting Alliances Unsettling for CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- AHRQ: Surgical Admissions Bring 48% of Hospital Revenue
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington