'Perverse incentives' perpetuate use of disproven medical treatments
Cheryl Clark, for HealthLeaders Media, November 1, 2013
In what researchers are calling "the largest and most comprehensive study of medical (finding) reversal," they identify 146 medical practices that have been refuted by subsequent studies, but which continue to be used by providers.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health