Consider Stark Law, options when selling practice
The sale of a physician practice must always be viewed in light of the regulatory requirements and prohibitions of the federal anti-kickback statute and Stark Law, including the need to confirm that the purchase price is consistent with fair market value, explains Ed Brown, JD, partner at the law firm of Burr & Forman in Atlanta.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013