Consider Stark Law, options when selling practice
The sale of a physician practice must always be viewed in light of the regulatory requirements and prohibitions of the federal anti-kickback statute and Stark Law, including the need to confirm that the purchase price is consistent with fair market value, explains Ed Brown, JD, partner at the law firm of Burr & Forman in Atlanta.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?