Are ACOs really going to be any different than HMOs?
Accountable care organizations (ACO) aim to completely revamp how healthcare is delivered in the United States, promising better quality and lower costs. But physicians who have heard these promises before are wondering if ACOs are just the new version of HMOs, the same lofty concept dressed up in a new way.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers