Six steps to a successful physician salary negotiation
Salary negotiation can be the trickiest part of the staffing process. You want to make an offer that will win over the candidate but not one that will break the bank. So how do you walk this tightrope without killing the deal? By applying the following six principles used by seasoned recruitment professionals, you can woo your physician candidate while building trust and mutual respect for your future working relationship: Let the candidate speak first. Silence is golden. Listen more than you speak when talking to a physician you’re considering hiring. In negotiations, the rule of thumb is the person who speaks first is often the person who loses.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US