Ten entrepreneurial steps to enhance hospitals’ long-term sustainability
When given a chance to think deeply about long-term viability, hospital CEOs point to three major barriers to success: lack of access to sufficient capital, difficulty in identifying financially attractive but untapped patients, and the presence of a strong competitor with an established brand name. Unfortunately, most solutions to these barriers are overused and, for that reason, have a limited effect. Breaking though the barriers to long-term viability requires a fresh perspective and an entrepreneurial attitude. In this article, we’ll talk about 10 entrepreneurial approaches that will help your organization not just work around obstacles, but obliterate them.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch