Use modifier -25 to increase practice revenue; avoid scrutiny by the OIG
When used appropriately, modifier -25 may help optimize your practice's revenue. However, providers should meticulously follow all of the guidelines because the Office of Inspector General (OIG) stated in its most recent Work Plan that it plans to continue monitoring claims using modifier -25 .
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs