Privileging requests for new technologies challenge hospital executives
New technology proliferates faster each day. As a result, physician requests to use new devices or treatment protocols in hospital settings are not only expected, but have become inevitable. The challenge for medical staff leaders is knowing how to handle these requests to ensure the successful implementation of the new device or treatment and avoid skipping those steps that have been designed to protect the hospital, patients, and physicians.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers