Privileging requests for new technologies challenge hospital executives
New technology proliferates faster each day. As a result, physician requests to use new devices or treatment protocols in hospital settings are not only expected, but have become inevitable. The challenge for medical staff leaders is knowing how to handle these requests to ensure the successful implementation of the new device or treatment and avoid skipping those steps that have been designed to protect the hospital, patients, and physicians.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor