Privileging requests for new technologies challenge hospital executives
New technology proliferates faster each day. As a result, physician requests to use new devices or treatment protocols in hospital settings are not only expected, but have become inevitable. The challenge for medical staff leaders is knowing how to handle these requests to ensure the successful implementation of the new device or treatment and avoid skipping those steps that have been designed to protect the hospital, patients, and physicians.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments