Get senior leaders on board for SCIP
As the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) prepares to unveil the Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP) this year, one member of the project’s steering committee offers this advice for facilities planning to participate: Align senior leadership with the project’s goals. CMS devised SCIP to improve surgical outcomes. SCIP’s steering committee includes representatives from the American College of Surgeons, American Hospital Association, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Department of Veterans Affairs, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?