Get senior leaders on board for SCIP
As the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) prepares to unveil the Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP) this year, one member of the project’s steering committee offers this advice for facilities planning to participate: Align senior leadership with the project’s goals. CMS devised SCIP to improve surgical outcomes. SCIP’s steering committee includes representatives from the American College of Surgeons, American Hospital Association, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Department of Veterans Affairs, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US