Get senior leaders on board for SCIP
As the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) prepares to unveil the Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP) this year, one member of the project’s steering committee offers this advice for facilities planning to participate: Align senior leadership with the project’s goals. CMS devised SCIP to improve surgical outcomes. SCIP’s steering committee includes representatives from the American College of Surgeons, American Hospital Association, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Department of Veterans Affairs, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013