Encourage desired physician behavior; improve productivity through performance measures
Before you can develop a pay plan that rewards physicians for their productivity, you must first determine the best way to measure performance. However, rather than just figuring out which behaviors to measure and how to gauge them, also consider which activities the physicians (or practice) need to change, says Kenneth Hekman, FACMPE, president of The Hekman Group, a business management planning and development strategy company for physician practices.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction