Encourage desired physician behavior; improve productivity through performance measures
Before you can develop a pay plan that rewards physicians for their productivity, you must first determine the best way to measure performance. However, rather than just figuring out which behaviors to measure and how to gauge them, also consider which activities the physicians (or practice) need to change, says Kenneth Hekman, FACMPE, president of The Hekman Group, a business management planning and development strategy company for physician practices.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US