Private practices top OCR list for HIPAA complaints
Is your practice doing all it can to prevent HIPAA privacy violations? Perhaps not. More than half of providers experienced one or more privacy breaches between January 2005 and June 2005, according to the Summer 2005 U.S. Healthcare Industry HIPAA Compliance Survey, sponsored by the Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and Phoenix Health Systems, the most updated survey as of press time (see www.himss.org for the full report).
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers