Private practices top OCR list for HIPAA complaints
Is your practice doing all it can to prevent HIPAA privacy violations? Perhaps not. More than half of providers experienced one or more privacy breaches between January 2005 and June 2005, according to the Summer 2005 U.S. Healthcare Industry HIPAA Compliance Survey, sponsored by the Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and Phoenix Health Systems, the most updated survey as of press time (see www.himss.org for the full report).
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios