Tips to combat the growing issue of denied stays
Scenario: A hospital transfers a patient in semiurgent status to a second hospital. The second hospital admits him to its observation ward. After the first two days, staff decide that he needs a pacemaker, so he undergoes surgery. He spends a total of four days in the second hospital. Unfortunately, the second hospital never changed the patient's status to inpatient. This scenario occurred over a holiday weekend, which added to the confusion and inappropriate assignment.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised