Hire and bill physician extenders properly to earn the practice more $$
Although physician extenders (PE) must abide by specific rules and regulations regarding the services that they can perform and bill for, adding such providers to your practice could increase revenue and enhance patient flow. "Once you have a fine-tuned, compliant physician-extender program, it's amazing, the dollars that follow," said Suzan Hvizdash, CPC, CPC-EMS, CPC-EDS, physician educator at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and a senior auditor for the Coding and Reimbursement Network, Inc. Hvizdash offered advice on PEs during the American Academy of Professional Coders conference in St. Louis in April.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care