Hire and bill physician extenders properly to earn the practice more $$
Although physician extenders (PE) must abide by specific rules and regulations regarding the services that they can perform and bill for, adding such providers to your practice could increase revenue and enhance patient flow. "Once you have a fine-tuned, compliant physician-extender program, it's amazing, the dollars that follow," said Suzan Hvizdash, CPC, CPC-EMS, CPC-EDS, physician educator at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and a senior auditor for the Coding and Reimbursement Network, Inc. Hvizdash offered advice on PEs during the American Academy of Professional Coders conference in St. Louis in April.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised