Making minutes count: Time and E/M code billing
Understanding how length of time factors into the billing of an E/M code is a perpetual point of confusion in the coding world. Failing to code time correctly can result in third-party payers not reimbursing your practice appropriately-or sometimes not at all. So it's vital that your billers and coders (or whomever at your practice does the coding and billing) understand the three kinds of time that all third-party insurances should pay (see below for all seven E/M code elements).
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs