Blogging offers creative outlet for physicians
Physicians lead busy lives, and when not dedicating their time and energy to practicing medicine, they often rely on a hobby to unwind. For many physicians, this means something traditional (e.g., playing golf or a musical instrument), but a growing number of medical professionals are seeking a creative outlet as amateur publishers. How? They blog. Also known as Weblogs, blogs are online publications that allow anyone with Internet access to become an instant publisher. Content can range from personal thoughts-similar to a diary-to news and analysis or political rants.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs