The strategic impact of revised DRG payments
With the expected reconfiguration of diagnosis-related groups (DRG) by the CMS, the healthcare industry is on the eve of a seismic change in hospital revenue reimbursement. The new configuration is a modification to the Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS). Surprisingly, other than running the numbers and issuing a cursory first-pass analysis, many hospitals and health systems are not undergoing the kind of in-depth review and evaluation that the IPPS merit. Healthcare leaders need to recognize that much of their world is about to change-prompting a veritable paradigm shift in long-range planning considerations.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream