The strategic impact of revised DRG payments
With the expected reconfiguration of diagnosis-related groups (DRG) by the CMS, the healthcare industry is on the eve of a seismic change in hospital revenue reimbursement. The new configuration is a modification to the Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS). Surprisingly, other than running the numbers and issuing a cursory first-pass analysis, many hospitals and health systems are not undergoing the kind of in-depth review and evaluation that the IPPS merit. Healthcare leaders need to recognize that much of their world is about to change-prompting a veritable paradigm shift in long-range planning considerations.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer