Leadership turnover: Don't lose sight of market strategy
The CEO turnover rate among the 4,566 hospitals tracked by the American College of Healthcare Executives is about 16%, which means that more than 700 organizations will find themselves with a new leader this year. And when an organization gets new leadership, chances are good that it will get a new marketing strategy, as well. It's not just the marketer who is nervous during a leadership change. The new CEO is confronted with myriad problems (and opportunities) upon his or her arrival. Marketing is not always at the top of the new leader's list, but it might be the most critical initiative to tackle-and it is imperative that the marketing strategy doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus