Leadership turnover: Don't lose sight of market strategy
The CEO turnover rate among the 4,566 hospitals tracked by the American College of Healthcare Executives is about 16%, which means that more than 700 organizations will find themselves with a new leader this year. And when an organization gets new leadership, chances are good that it will get a new marketing strategy, as well. It's not just the marketer who is nervous during a leadership change. The new CEO is confronted with myriad problems (and opportunities) upon his or her arrival. Marketing is not always at the top of the new leader's list, but it might be the most critical initiative to tackle-and it is imperative that the marketing strategy doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts