The advent of the consumer-patient
Many physicians, medical centers, and hospitals are beginning to take a more technologically-advanced approach to patient care. Whether technology makes for better patient evaluations and diagnoses is up for debate. But there's no doubt that it is having an effect on the way that physicians ply their trade. Some healthcare organizations are using technology in patient-friendly ways.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law