Coding questions answered: Consults, ABNs, and more
Receiving proper reimbursement and staying within compliance guidelines are two of the most important responsibilities of your job. Consultant Ruth Dolby, president of Dolby Healthcare Consultants, LLC, in Stoughton, MA, says office managers ask her more questions about how to code accurately than they do about any other topic. If you're like many coders and office managers, you likely have a list of coding questions that's a mile long. Below, Dolby and Joe Rivet, CPC, CCS-P, revenue manager for Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, answer a few frequently asked questions.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013