Coding questions answered: Consults, ABNs, and more
Receiving proper reimbursement and staying within compliance guidelines are two of the most important responsibilities of your job. Consultant Ruth Dolby, president of Dolby Healthcare Consultants, LLC, in Stoughton, MA, says office managers ask her more questions about how to code accurately than they do about any other topic. If you're like many coders and office managers, you likely have a list of coding questions that's a mile long. Below, Dolby and Joe Rivet, CPC, CCS-P, revenue manager for Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, answer a few frequently asked questions.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion