Disruptive staff: Forget 'You're fired!'; instead say, 'You're fixed!'
Six steps to correct and discipline troublesome staff behavior Editor's note: This is the second story in a two-part series about handling disruptive staff. Last month, we discussed how to create the procedural foundation to address disruptive staff behavior. Donald Trump makes it look easy. When one of his prospective employees from the television show The Apprentice fails to meet his expectations, he simply says, "You're fired." But in the real world, between the point of hire and the point of termination, you must take the following two steps when an employee continually steps out of lin
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts