Disruptive staff: Forget 'You're fired!'; instead say, 'You're fixed!'
Six steps to correct and discipline troublesome staff behavior Editor's note: This is the second story in a two-part series about handling disruptive staff. Last month, we discussed how to create the procedural foundation to address disruptive staff behavior. Donald Trump makes it look easy. When one of his prospective employees from the television show The Apprentice fails to meet his expectations, he simply says, "You're fired." But in the real world, between the point of hire and the point of termination, you must take the following two steps when an employee continually steps out of lin
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction