How the 2007 fee schedule may shift practice cash flow
If CMS' changes to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) pass through Congress in the fall, payments for certain E/M series will get a boost, but others will drop. "It's time to increase Medicare's payment rates for physicians to spend time with their patients," said CMS Administrator Mark McClellan, MD, PhD, in a statement. This change doesn't mean that all physicians will see improvements to their bottom lines.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer