Seven tax changes to watch when planning for 2007
Congress passed legislation in August containing important tax changes that might affect your financial planning for 2007. The most sweeping pension overhaul in 30 years, the Pension Protection Act of 2006 covers everything from charitable donations to individual retirement account (IRA) contributions. To spare you from sifting through the 900-plus-page document, we spoke with Barry Fruchter,1 CPA, of Moore Stephens Tiller, LLC, a certified public accounting firm in Atlanta, about the most important aspects of the Pension Protection Act.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL