CORE rules could ease eligibility verification headache
The Coalition for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH), a nonprofit alliance of health plans, provider networks, and trade associations, announced in September that more than 20 leading healthcare organizations have committed to abide by rules created through its Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE) initiative. Those communications rules will allow providers to confirm patient eligibility and benefits electronically with real-time replies.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness