Leader and physician: Strategies for the new relationship
The hospital CEO's handbook on physician relations used to be relatively straightforward. All CEOs really had to do was meet with the clinical staff leaders every now and then. Then physicians realized that they didn't need the hospital quite as much. CEOs suddenly found themselves balancing a complex string of relationships with key physician partners. Physicians became powerful-in some cases so powerful that CEOs had to start making concessions that seemed un-imaginable a few years earlier.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts