Leader and physician: Strategies for the new relationship
The hospital CEO's handbook on physician relations used to be relatively straightforward. All CEOs really had to do was meet with the clinical staff leaders every now and then. Then physicians realized that they didn't need the hospital quite as much. CEOs suddenly found themselves balancing a complex string of relationships with key physician partners. Physicians became powerful-in some cases so powerful that CEOs had to start making concessions that seemed un-imaginable a few years earlier.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'