Align compensation, P4P with these three strategies
Until now, much of the dialogue surrounding pay for performance (P4P) has focused on big-picture issues: How will P4P change the healthcare system? Will quality measures improve medical outcomes? How long will it take Medicare to transition to a P4P system? But as P4P moves from an idea to a reality-more than half of all health maintenance organizations now use P4P contracts, according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality-you must prepare to deal with the day-to-day questions: How can you align P4P with your culture? How will physicians respond to P4P incentives? What is the best way to distribute P4P revenue?
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency