Improve your record keeping to reduce underpayments
If underpayments are an issue bogging down your facility, it would be prudent for you to take a look at internal processes and review your record keeping. The realities of the situation suggest that prevention is your best strategy. Submitting clean claims should be your number one strategy in reducing underpayments. Make sure that you are keeping detailed records and advancing solid information and that your facility has well-established criteria for maintenance of records to support a claim going in.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs