Ensure smooth sailing into the NPI implementation period with these four steps
Starting in May 2007, all covered healthcare providers must begin using their National Provider Identifiers (NPI) to identify themselves in all standard transactions with all of the health plans with which they work. That means physician practices must overcome many daunting challenges to ensure that the transition runs smoothly. These challenges include everything from making sure that your practice's internal systems accommodate the new NPIs to coordinating with vendors about their readiness.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013