Ensure smooth sailing into the NPI implementation period with these four steps
Starting in May 2007, all covered healthcare providers must begin using their National Provider Identifiers (NPI) to identify themselves in all standard transactions with all of the health plans with which they work. That means physician practices must overcome many daunting challenges to ensure that the transition runs smoothly. These challenges include everything from making sure that your practice's internal systems accommodate the new NPIs to coordinating with vendors about their readiness.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers