Put quality rankings in perspective
With the growth of transparency initiatives, many health plans have posted not only price information for individual providers, but quality rankings as well. Be proactive and put these rankings into context for your patients so they have the proper tools to evaluate the information that health plans post. Generate your own packet of information, which you should distribute to all patients, providing an interpretation of the quality rankings that health plans have posted. If you have a Web site, post this information there as well.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs