Tackle incorrect payments with a notice to the payer
Editor's note: The following is an excerpt fromBeyond the Contract: Managing Your Relationship with a Healthcare Payer, a new book published by HCPro, Inc. For more information or to order a copy, call 800/650-6787 or go to www.hcmarketplace.com and type the title in the search box. Similar to most providers, you probably dread having to cope with the administrative hassle of dealing with a plan that pays you incorrectly. But if you're confident that your claim is valid and correct, there's a tactic you can use to bypass that hassle and get paid more quickly, experts say.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening