Strengthen ED coverage with these 15 alternatives to on-call pay
Providing adequate emergency department (ED) call coverage is one of the top challenges that the majority of hospitals in the country now face, and many leaders in the field are searching for a solution, according to Richard Sheff, MD, chair and executive director of The Greeley Company, a division of HCPro, Inc., in Marblehead, MA. Sheff and Todd Sagin, MD, JD, vice president and national medical director for The Greeley Company, discussed strategies for solving the ED call crisis during the December 10, 2006, HCPro audioconference "Designing a strategy for ED on-call: Effective solutions for physicians and hospitals."
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'