Strengthen ED coverage with these 15 alternatives to on-call pay
Providing adequate emergency department (ED) call coverage is one of the top challenges that the majority of hospitals in the country now face, and many leaders in the field are searching for a solution, according to Richard Sheff, MD, chair and executive director of The Greeley Company, a division of HCPro, Inc., in Marblehead, MA. Sheff and Todd Sagin, MD, JD, vice president and national medical director for The Greeley Company, discussed strategies for solving the ED call crisis during the December 10, 2006, HCPro audioconference "Designing a strategy for ED on-call: Effective solutions for physicians and hospitals."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream