Good documentation avoids malpractice trouble
Medical malpractice. These are perhaps the two most feared words in the healthcare industry. Whether you're a physician or a physician practice staff member, the onset of a liability lawsuit is scary and overwhelming. The key to winning the case before it even begins is to keep fool-proof medical documentation. "From the malpractice standpoint, I just can't think of another variable that has as much impact in defending a case," says Paul Frisch, general counsel to the Oregon Medical Association.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public