Good documentation avoids malpractice trouble
Medical malpractice. These are perhaps the two most feared words in the healthcare industry. Whether you're a physician or a physician practice staff member, the onset of a liability lawsuit is scary and overwhelming. The key to winning the case before it even begins is to keep fool-proof medical documentation. "From the malpractice standpoint, I just can't think of another variable that has as much impact in defending a case," says Paul Frisch, general counsel to the Oregon Medical Association.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US