Advice to align compensation, P4P
As pay for performance (P4P) moves from an idea to a reality, you must prepare to deal with the requisite day-to-day questions: How can you align P4P with the culture at your organization? How will physicians respond to P4P incentives? What is the best way to distribute P4P revenue? For P4P to be effective, providers need to align reimbursement mechanisms with their current internal compensation plans. This ensures that the quality measures that generate additional revenue for the facility as a whole will closely align with the criteria that determine revenue division among physicians.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised