Discount dental plans are gaining new ground
Dentist Direct, LLC, a Salt Lake City-based dental insurer, is rolling out a product targeted specifically to the uninsured dental market-and more specifically, the uninsured senior dental market. The state-licensed product, Dentist Direct Access, offers a network of providers who've agreed to preset reduced fees covering most services. Indeed, experts say, discount plans may be entering a new phase of integration with more traditional dental plans. In fact, major insurers have already started to offer discount plans, something few would have foreseen just a few years ago, says Cathye Smithwick, RDH, MA, principal and dental practice leader in Mercer Health & Benefits' San Jose, CA, office.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients