Discount dental plans are gaining new ground
Dentist Direct, LLC, a Salt Lake City-based dental insurer, is rolling out a product targeted specifically to the uninsured dental market-and more specifically, the uninsured senior dental market. The state-licensed product, Dentist Direct Access, offers a network of providers who've agreed to preset reduced fees covering most services. Indeed, experts say, discount plans may be entering a new phase of integration with more traditional dental plans. In fact, major insurers have already started to offer discount plans, something few would have foreseen just a few years ago, says Cathye Smithwick, RDH, MA, principal and dental practice leader in Mercer Health & Benefits' San Jose, CA, office.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013