Cancer link ups integration stakes
The line between oral and systemic health continues to blur. Here's a look at recent developments in medical-dental integration that could soon influence benefits design and clinical care delivery. A coalition of dental plans, practitioners, academics, public policy experts, and insurers is primed to get the public's attention regarding periodontal disease, and will use its emerging ties to diabetes as a hook. Members of the National Periodontal Disease Coalition (NPDC) gathered in Pittsburgh in late 2006 to explore the controversy and recent scientific data surrounding the relationship between periodontal disease and diabetes.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer