Cancer link ups integration stakes
The line between oral and systemic health continues to blur. Here's a look at recent developments in medical-dental integration that could soon influence benefits design and clinical care delivery. A coalition of dental plans, practitioners, academics, public policy experts, and insurers is primed to get the public's attention regarding periodontal disease, and will use its emerging ties to diabetes as a hook. Members of the National Periodontal Disease Coalition (NPDC) gathered in Pittsburgh in late 2006 to explore the controversy and recent scientific data surrounding the relationship between periodontal disease and diabetes.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch