Cancer link ups integration stakes
The line between oral and systemic health continues to blur. Here's a look at recent developments in medical-dental integration that could soon influence benefits design and clinical care delivery. A coalition of dental plans, practitioners, academics, public policy experts, and insurers is primed to get the public's attention regarding periodontal disease, and will use its emerging ties to diabetes as a hook. Members of the National Periodontal Disease Coalition (NPDC) gathered in Pittsburgh in late 2006 to explore the controversy and recent scientific data surrounding the relationship between periodontal disease and diabetes.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013