Cancer link ups integration stakes
The line between oral and systemic health continues to blur. Here's a look at recent developments in medical-dental integration that could soon influence benefits design and clinical care delivery. A coalition of dental plans, practitioners, academics, public policy experts, and insurers is primed to get the public's attention regarding periodontal disease, and will use its emerging ties to diabetes as a hook. Members of the National Periodontal Disease Coalition (NPDC) gathered in Pittsburgh in late 2006 to explore the controversy and recent scientific data surrounding the relationship between periodontal disease and diabetes.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules