Delta/PMI deal signals new DHMO market
PMI Dental Health Plan, one of the largest prepaid dental plans in California and the nation, has merged with its parent company, San Francisco-based Delta Dental of California. The closer ties reflect a market moving toward more dual-choice options-and less differentiation among types of dental plans, says a Delta executive. "We don't see dental health maintenance organizations [DHMO] so much taking market share from dental preferred provider organizations [DPPO], as working in concert with them as part of dual-choice packages," says Jeff Album, the company's public affairs director.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal