Delta/PMI deal signals new DHMO market
PMI Dental Health Plan, one of the largest prepaid dental plans in California and the nation, has merged with its parent company, San Francisco-based Delta Dental of California. The closer ties reflect a market moving toward more dual-choice options-and less differentiation among types of dental plans, says a Delta executive. "We don't see dental health maintenance organizations [DHMO] so much taking market share from dental preferred provider organizations [DPPO], as working in concert with them as part of dual-choice packages," says Jeff Album, the company's public affairs director.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US