Electronic claims settlement tool improves administration of capitated Medicaid HMOs
When the state of Georgia began transitioning Medicaid and PeachCare patients to managed care plans in 2006, providers encountered major delays in claims processing and settlement. But since two of the three health plans that serve as care management organizations (CMO) for Georgia Healthy Families adopted a software system called PaySpan Health, the tide has turned dramatically with respect to claims administration and cash flow to providers.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus