Medical Home concept gains ground
The American College of Physicians (ACP) in Washington, DC, which represents more than 120,000 internal medicine physicians across the United States, is proposing a new physician payment and delivery model to replace Medicare's current fee-for-service payment system for physicians. In a policy paper released in January, the ACP recommends instituting a multicomponent, bundled payment structure that encourages more effective and efficient care coordination through the Advanced Medical Home (AMH) concept, also known as patient-centered care.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care