Contracting challenges affect provider-sponsored plans
Provider-sponsored plans, or health system-owned plans, aren't as prominent in the managed care landscape as they were a decade ago. But dozens of these plans remain, from household names such as Health Alliance Plan (an affiliate of the Henry Ford Health System in Detroit) and Tufts Health Plan in Massachusetts, to lesser-known AultCare (affiliated with Aultman Hospital in Canton, OH), which nonetheless boasts nearly as many members as its nationally known peers.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts