Transparency and health information: Who owns your practice data?
The burgeoning growth of healthcare price and transparency programs is raising a new concern for physician practices: Who owns their demographic, pricing, quality, and practice pattern data? Few practices quibble with the release of demographic data (e.g., their location, amenities, and office hours), but the stakes are high for controlling the release of other types of data that practices have traditionally viewed as proprietary.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies