Transparency and health information: Who owns your practice data?
The burgeoning growth of healthcare price and transparency programs is raising a new concern for physician practices: Who owns their demographic, pricing, quality, and practice pattern data? Few practices quibble with the release of demographic data (e.g., their location, amenities, and office hours), but the stakes are high for controlling the release of other types of data that practices have traditionally viewed as proprietary.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Governor Details Healthcare Payment Reform Path in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- MetroHealth Revs Its Population Health Engine
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- HIX Success Could Generate Add-On Revenue for CT