Transparency and health information: Who owns your practice data?
The burgeoning growth of healthcare price and transparency programs is raising a new concern for physician practices: Who owns their demographic, pricing, quality, and practice pattern data? Few practices quibble with the release of demographic data (e.g., their location, amenities, and office hours), but the stakes are high for controlling the release of other types of data that practices have traditionally viewed as proprietary.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians