Transparency and health information: Who owns your practice data?
The burgeoning growth of healthcare price and transparency programs is raising a new concern for physician practices: Who owns their demographic, pricing, quality, and practice pattern data? Few practices quibble with the release of demographic data (e.g., their location, amenities, and office hours), but the stakes are high for controlling the release of other types of data that practices have traditionally viewed as proprietary.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- The Hospital of the Future is Not a Hospital
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble