Use these eight strategies to create meaningful reports about your managed care financial performance
Contracting and financial managers must communicate their practice's performance by presenting data to a variety of audiences, including administrators, governing boards, and physicians. Accomplishing this task effectively requires a fresh look at the use of charts, graphs, and dashboards, according to Genie G. Blough, MBA, FACMPE, principal of G Blough Associates, LLC, in Mobile, AL. A consultant, former practice administrator, and member of the Medical Group Management Association's (MGMA) board of directors, Blough provided some useful tips about communicating performance during the MGMA's annual conference in Las Vegas in October 2006.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians