Partnering up: EMR as investment in the community
When a group of local physicians approached the administration at Chicago's Silver Cross Hospital and asked them for help installing an electronic medical record (EMR) system to improve communications and interoperability, the 300-bed facility immediately responded by organizing the EMR selection process for them. Pay for performance motivated the area physicians to transition to an electronic environment, which will improve patient care and data quality, says Matt Ebaugh, vice president and chief information officer of Silver Cross.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts