Partnering up: EMR as investment in the community
When a group of local physicians approached the administration at Chicago's Silver Cross Hospital and asked them for help installing an electronic medical record (EMR) system to improve communications and interoperability, the 300-bed facility immediately responded by organizing the EMR selection process for them. Pay for performance motivated the area physicians to transition to an electronic environment, which will improve patient care and data quality, says Matt Ebaugh, vice president and chief information officer of Silver Cross.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs