2008 Medicare Advantage cap rates will rise 3.5%
Plans-and presumably, providers-that participate in capitated Medicare Advantage (MA) plans will receive another pay raise in 2008. Although the rate increase is nothing to write home about and, at face value, might not encourage greater participation by providers in capitated MA plans, any hike in Medicare rates is a positive development at a time when the physician fee schedule faces serious financial pressure. As required by law, on the first Monday in April the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) published the capitation rates for MA plans and Part D rates for the 2008 calendar year.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year