Academic medical center develops productivity-based incentive plan for academic, clinical work
Like many academic facilities across the country, Carolinas Medical Center (CMC), an academic medical center affiliated with Carolinas HealthCare System in Charlotte, NC, has faced pressures in recent years to increase clinical production in order to thrive in a tightening financial environment. However, when CMC revamped its system in 2004, its leaders did not want the focus on clinical production to completely overshadow the research and education components of physicians' workload.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers