ADHD in the workplace: Address it head-on with these techniques
Hyperactivity. Inattentiveness. Poor time management skills. These are a few of the challenges a typical adult with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) faces in the workplace on a daily basis. With nine million adults in the United States affected by the disorder, odds are that you will likely have to deal with an employee who has ADHD. However, unlike most disabilities, ADHD is particularly difficult to understand because it's not always obvious and often goes undiagnosed, says Wilma Fellman, a professional career counselor who specializes in working with people with disabilities.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening