Focus on supplemental compensation when recruiting physicians
Developing a compensation package that will attract phy-sicians to your facility involves more than simply offering a generous starting salary or income guarantee. Regional physician shortages are contributing to an increasingly competitive recruiting environment and giving physician candidates more options and flexibility in their searches. Even if you offer starting salaries on the high end of national rates, other facilities competing for the same pool of physicians, according to Ryan Anholt, executive vice president with Delta Physician Placement in Dallas.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts