Focus on supplemental compensation when recruiting physicians
Developing a compensation package that will attract phy-sicians to your facility involves more than simply offering a generous starting salary or income guarantee. Regional physician shortages are contributing to an increasingly competitive recruiting environment and giving physician candidates more options and flexibility in their searches. Even if you offer starting salaries on the high end of national rates, other facilities competing for the same pool of physicians, according to Ryan Anholt, executive vice president with Delta Physician Placement in Dallas.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care