Focus on supplemental compensation when recruiting physicians
Developing a compensation package that will attract phy-sicians to your facility involves more than simply offering a generous starting salary or income guarantee. Regional physician shortages are contributing to an increasingly competitive recruiting environment and giving physician candidates more options and flexibility in their searches. Even if you offer starting salaries on the high end of national rates, other facilities competing for the same pool of physicians, according to Ryan Anholt, executive vice president with Delta Physician Placement in Dallas.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?