The pay-for-performance paradigm for Medicare
Physicians who voluntarily submit data to CMS under certain quality measures will be able to receive a 1.5% pay increase effective July 1. In total, there are 74 quality measures. CMS titled this new program the 2007 Physician Quality Reporting Initia-tive (PQRI). The PQRI program-the latest effort by the Bush administration to restrain runaway spending on physician services under Medicare-is similar to the claims-based quality reporting system implemented in January 2006 under the Physician Voluntary Reporting Program (PVRP).
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised