Median psychiatry comp nears $200K as physician pool shrinks
Median compensation levels for psychiatry are some of the lowest of any nonprimary care specialty-$189,409 annually, according to the 2006 MGMA Physician Compensation and Production Survey. Yet starting salaries over $200,000 are becoming more common as a looming shortage of psychiatrists becomes a reality in select facilities and regions.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised