Median psychiatry comp nears $200K as physician pool shrinks
Median compensation levels for psychiatry are some of the lowest of any nonprimary care specialty-$189,409 annually, according to the 2006 MGMA Physician Compensation and Production Survey. Yet starting salaries over $200,000 are becoming more common as a looming shortage of psychiatrists becomes a reality in select facilities and regions.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs