Median psychiatry comp nears $200K as physician pool shrinks
Median compensation levels for psychiatry are some of the lowest of any nonprimary care specialty-$189,409 annually, according to the 2006 MGMA Physician Compensation and Production Survey. Yet starting salaries over $200,000 are becoming more common as a looming shortage of psychiatrists becomes a reality in select facilities and regions.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts