Should you outsource your practice's billing? Consider these tips
Editor's note: This article is the second in a two-part series about outsourcing. Last month, we focused on outsourcing your office's HR functions. This month, we focus on outsourcing your billing functions. Nobody likes to lose money. Physicians are no exception. However, when it comes to the business of running a practice, that's just what will happen without someone who understands the often confusing ins and outs of your practice's billing system. "This is the most complex part of the physician practice, in my opinion," says Lyle Oelrich, MHA, CHE, CMPE, senior manager of physician services for the consulting firm Pershing, Yoakley & Associates in Knoxville, TN.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal